Curry with Udon Noodles

This is one that I made the other day because I needed to use up some udon noodles, as well as a few other things that I had in the refrigerator.  Gerry liked it better than with rice!

This is a very flexible recipe involving several ingredients that can be switched out depending on what you have and what your taste is.  I have used chicken and tofu as well as beef for the meat.  The curry paste I used is available at larger Asian food markets and is not overly spicy and a little bit sweet.

INGREDIENTS

12 oz. meat (I used beef) cut into chunks
1 T olive oil
Mixed frozen vegetables
3- 3 1/2 cups water
1/2 package of Medium Hot Vermont Curry
6 oz udon noodles
1/4 cup raisins

INSTRUCTIONS

Saute the beef in the olive oil until browned and add the frozen vegetables.  Continue sauteing until hot. Add the water, the curry paste and the udon noodles.  Bring to a boil.  Add the raisins.  Reduce heat, and simmer for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and bubbling.

Serves four.





Comments

Popular Posts