Clay Pot Beef, Yogurt and Vegetable Stew

As I went through my kitchen, preparing to move, I came across a clay pot cooker I was given many years ago as a newlywed.  I hadn’t seen it, much less used it, for many years but started to think about what I had done with it before it disappeared into the back of my cabinet.  This recipe is the result of my thoughts, as well as what I had in my kitchen.  It probably helped that clay pot make the cut to move with me!  Here is a link for the clay pot if you want to buy one for yourself. https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/romertopf-classic-series-clay-baker/?catalogId=22&sku=4476677&cm_ven=PLA&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Bakeware%20%3E%20Casseroles%20%26%20Baking%20Dishes&cm_ite=4476677&gclid=Cj0KCQjwm9D0BRCMARIsAIfvfIbp_r2Rg5uenF2hecAsHqLU-C55HF255lYJ4jrjgLeALqQKMEqApkYaAtpkEALw_wcB

The Tsar Dust Memories seasoning was a sample package I got when I placed an order with Penzey’s a few months ago.  It was very good in this, and I’ll be ordering more when I land in Norman. Penzey’s makes some of the best spices out there and they absolutely are worth ordering from.  They also send fantastic emails if you get on their mailing list. https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/tsardust-memories/c-24/p-624



Soak the clay pot in hot water for around 15 minutes before filling it, and put it in the oven before you start heating.  Serves 4.

INGREDIENTS

1.5 lb eye of round, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1.5 cups Greek yogurt
1.5 T Penzey’s Tsar Dust Memories seasoning

Mix the yogurt and Tsar Dust together, then mix with the beef and vegetables.  Place all inside the clay pot cooker, and put in a cold oven, which is then set for 375f.  Bake about 2 hours and 15 minutes until the meat and vegetables are tender.

I served this over the couscous I blogged a few months ago, but it would also work well with rice.

Comments

Popular Posts