Couscous with Indian Spice

I have often purchased flavored couscous from the grocery store.  It's an exceptionally quick, satisfying side for a variety of dishes.  This time, however, I had plain couscous and decided to dress it up.  This is what I came up with.
I used chicken stock and butter, but I suspect it would be just as good with Vegetable stock and olive oil if you prefer it vegan.





INGREDIENTS

2 cups plain couscous (I used whole wheat)
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock (no salt added)
1 cup water
2 T butter or olive oil
2 T Garam Masala
Salt to taste
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup raisins

Bring the stock, water, and butter to a boil.  Add the Garam Masala and the salt, then stir in the couscous, pine nuts and raisins.  Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.  Serves 6.

Comments

Popular Posts